Arrest and Control Unit of the New Milford Police Department is responsible to provide Training & understanding with legal aspects of use of force and physical applications pertaining to officer arrest and control tactics to member of the department. The Unit is responsible for the training of defensive tactics, baton, handcuffing, and OC deployment.
Training and Services
The Arrest and Control Unit currently provides the following training/ services:
- Annual training for defensive tactics and effective verbal de-escalation.
- Assist with the instruction of the L.O.C.K. U.P. Training program at the Connecticut Police Academy and other remote academies.
- Tactical employment of the Baton.
- Tactical employment of the Handcuffs.
- Tactical employment of O.C.
- Passive Resistance, Defensive Resistance, Active Aggression and Aggravated Active Aggression.
Repair and maintenance of all batons, O.C., and handcuffs.